🌍 European Union (Remote Opportunity)
💰 Competitive Salary
Are you interested in joining a fast-growing scale-up business at the forefront of the healthtech industry leading all things Ophthalmic?
Storm3 is working with an extremely innovative and exciting HealthTech Startup in Belgium whose mission is to revolutionize the ophthalmic market with its cutting-edge electronic glasses. They are looking for a talented Senior Optical Design Engineer to join their growing team and help guide them. You will work closely with the product team consisting of other designers, and product managers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of expertise in the field of optics and will play a key role in developing and improving our current and future products.
- Take ownership of challenging and complex problems related to the optical design aspect of the product.
- Develop and optimize Fresnel lens designs for manufacturing and product performance improvement, using optical software tools.
- Work closely with nanofabrication engineers to define performance criteria and implement improvements to existing processes.
- Conduct tolerance analysis and develop design specifications to ensure optical system performance meets customer requirements.
- Using non-sequential and sequential optical modeling software, validate new lens concepts with strong analytical models and simulate lens performance
- Translate objective quality performance into human eye perception, by applying knowledge of color science, display and image quality metrics, and optical metrology and characterization.
- Document, analyze, and report design and test data from optical experiments, using data processing tools such as Python, Matlab, and JMP.
- 3+ years of optical design and engineering experience (e.g., diffractive and refractive optics, interference and scattering, optical systems design, illumination systems, imaging systems)
- MSc or above degree in Optics, Computer Science, Imaging Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related technical fields
- Demonstrated track record of bringing novel optical systems from concept through to certain level of prototype
- Proficient with Optical Design Software (Zemax, Code-V or equivalent design SW) and modeling of optical design & analysis, able to model sequential and non-sequential systems
- Proficient with programming and data processing tools, including Python, Matlab, JMP
- A competitive salary
- Be part of a young ambitious team and contribute to bettering the eyesight of the population.
- Additional benefits can be discussed
📧 Interested in applying? Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button or email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org